Thank you all for your enthusiasm about the pattern and the pants themselves. To answer some of your questions:
- Emmy: I bought the bamboo from The Fabric Fairy in the US. Sadly, I can't find it here either.
- Little Birds Fly: I finished the tute today! See below....
- Sister: To my knowledge, there is no universal Scottish slang for boys' bits. We use 'wee man' in this house.
- Pickled Weasal: Yes, 'bahookies' is an ace word and yes, the singular is 'bahookie'.
- Mimesy: I am assured by the husband and the internet that breeks is acceptable for both trousers and underpants. Phew :)
- Louiz: We have trouble with builder's bum too, I'm baffled by the short rise they use for little girl trousers here. There's not too much you can do about it if they're store-bought ones (other than not buy them and send the company hate mail), but if you're making the trousers yourself increasing the back rise is a fix.
As an aside, if I was to sell the pants themselves, how much would you pay for a three pack?