Thursday 25 April 2013

4

KCW: Contrast Shoulder Tee

plane shirt close

First boy-make for Kids Clothes Week complete!  I know I said I wasn't going to make the same old things I always do, but being too short on time to draft something completely new (or trace out an Ottobre), I'm allowing myself the compromise of playing around with the details of my tried-and-trues.

plane shirt full

For this, I split my raglan sleeve where the shoulder cap falls and switched out the top section for a contrasting print.  While the airplane print is a nicely drapey interlock, the star print is a hefty french terry with a bit more structure.  My inspiration came from the uber-stylish leather insets from Groovybaby and Mama.

plane shirt full 2

With Kids Clothes Week more than halfway done and tolerance for photoshoots waning, can I suggest setting up a sibling in the window for amusement?  In related news, Maia has learned how to use a pane of glass to make piggy noses.

4 comments:

  1. He is just toooo cute. Cute haircut, sir. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness, the shirt. I love the shirt, too. :D

      Delete
  2. That guy! And his awesome new shirt!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so rad! Love everything about it. And it's a good reminder to be brave mixing prints.

    ReplyDelete