Monday 13 September 2010

9

Don't hate me because I'm beautiful

Disclaimer: Go have a wee. A full bladder and this post are not friends.

Yay, sew-along update day! Remember the suspense of last week's drafting post? Did I make the jodphurs I feared? Yes I did. Do I rock them like a catwalk queen? No. Apologies for the quality of the pictures, I suspect my camera did not want to capture these images for posterity.


As you can see, I made my trousers into shorts because the oracle within told me not to waste fabric for my muslin. If you are not au fait with my body, here's a helpful reminder:

Mine hips.

Jodphur hips.


I definitely need to raise the waist a good couple of inches if I want the high-waisted look, despite my best efforts these are still hitting me on my hip bones. And once I pin out the giant bulbous saddlebags, the fit is not terrible. Maybe. It's quite hard to tell now that image has been burned onto my retina. Like a trooper, I'm going to keep going with these. Things can only get better.

9 comments:

  1. Now you see, where I give in at this stage, you carry on until you get it right. That is why you are a star and I am not!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i could lend you a hobby horse to pose with!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Errrr I think 'Just William' wants his trousers back!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, those are quite marvellous! Thank you, you've perked my day right up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maybe Cal Patch thought your breasts were in line with your hip bones?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was filled with mirth and a joyous amused warmth and then I read auntninn's comment and wished I had emptied my bladder!! Brilliant jodpurs! Am kind of glad that I am living in a building site and have not started yet! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Erm. Glad I've gracefully bowed out. Yours look funny. Mine would have looked dreadful, I'm sure....

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm loving the jodphur / socks combo......

    ReplyDelete