Thursday 23 September 2010

14

When people talk about rationing during the war, this is probably what they meant

Bird Therapy Tunic detail

After such successful ventures as the rationing of Lego fabric, I took a deep breath and cut into another precious fabric yesterday. 'Only a little, Amanda,' I told myself, 'just enough for the front'. How fortuitous that I had a perfect-match green linen in my stash.

Bird Therapy Tunic

I think I might actually prefer sparing use of such awesome fabric rather than on all-over OMGCouches tunic. The linen lends a simplicity to the design of the tunic and allows the eye to be drawn to the fact that, yes, my toddler has a top with couches on it and, yes, those couches have birds on them, and, yes, it's because those birds are in therapy.

14 comments:

  1. OMG! I love this top I can't believe you got such a perfect match to the TT! Now I think I'd like one for my girlie! The question is do I cut into my own TT and try to source a linen or do I ask you to make one?? MMmmm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! that is gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous. I like it this way better than if it were an all over couchy tunic, I think. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's so beautiful. I have seen the fabric online before, but it has never looked this good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yep, I think using that fabric sparingly was the way to go. Cute top!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Genius. I received a metre of this fabric recently in a swap i did and had no idea what to make with it.
    http://sewscrumptious.blogspot.com/2010_08_01_archive.html
    Making clothes with it didn't cross my mind but it looks fab! Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh wow! i *need* one in grown-up me size!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your therapy birds are stunning. And you're hilarious. Made my day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. might have to make some leggings to go with it. not sure you can find some to match!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks wonderful, and I think the rationing worked.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So adorable! And I'm glad you said what was on it, because my monitor was playing tricks on my eyes and I couldn't make the blue the background. Another vote for toning it down with the (OMG PERFECT) matching linen.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Always wonderful Amanda, now I would like this top.
    Does it come in a size 14........!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. soooo beautiful! I definitely agree that the spare use of the fabric makes it that much better. You should add this to Laurie Wisbrun's flickr photo set....I bet she would love to see it!

    ReplyDelete