In between making my dress and Maia's dress for the wedding (three sleeps!), I had to take a pause and finish a commission. The brief: three make-up bags that are related but not identical. Despite my ginormous stash, there weren't a lot of fabrics I had in three colourways with coordinatings linings... But I found enough Joel Dewberry's to make these:
In order to fit quite a bit of goodies inside, they measure eleven inches in length. As the zippers in my stash only measure eight inches, I did covered zipper ends out of the lining fabric.
Rather than looking like hodge-podge solution to too a too short zipper, I think (do not even correct me if I'm wrong) it makes the bags a bit snazzier.
Each bag has a coordinating Ginseng Tiles fabric inside. Two decor weights and some heavy interfacing means they stand up really well.
There's not much more I can say about the make-up bags, other than I'm relieved that I was able to squeeze them in without disrupting the dress-making extravaganza. I would have hated to disappoint the recipient of the bags or run out of time to finish the dresses before the weekend! Please share in my relief that Maia's dress is complete and my dress just has the skirt to go...