Friday 27 June 2014

6

Introducing: Jungle Ave Elephant Skyline

Jungle Ave 7

My friend Sara from Sew Sweetness has just released her first fabric line 'Jungle Ave' for Art Gallery Fabrics and it's amazing!  It's not quite yet available from shops but I believe it's imminent.  There are eight quilting cottons, two knits, and a voile.


Not only was Sara kind enough to send me some of the Elephant Skyline cotton lycra jersey to play around with but she sent me enough to make several things....

Jungle Ave 3

Two dorks for the price* of one!

Jungle Ave 4

My pics really don't do this fabric justice, not only are there elephants and psychedelic swirls, but there also really amazing doodle-y skyscrapers.


The colour palette is a fantastic petrol, light blue, turquoise, apple green, light apple green, black and white.

Jungle Ave 8

My dress is a pattern I've been working on for awhile.  It has a scooped V-neck and fully lined bodice, curvy waistband, and A-line skirt.

Jungle Ave 6

I drafted a similar but not-too-similar dress for Maia with this fabric in mind. Same V-neck fully lined bodice, but a less exaggerated and more girls'  body appropriate waistband.  I kinda love it!

Jungle Ave 5

Particularly the backs!

Jungle Ave 2

The fabric is a delight to sew- it was stable with no curling edges, smooth and soft, and it has excellent drape.  A true winner in both design and manufacture!  I wish Sara and Art Gallery fabrics success with all their collections (there are two further collections from Sew Caroline and April Rhodes) and if you want to get your hands on some fabric I suggest you do so as soon as they are released as they're limited edition.


*Actually, this fabric was sent to me as a gift.  Two dorks for free!  All opinions my own honest thoughts.


6 comments:

  1. Fantastic! The dresses are awesome and so is the fabric. Maia is lucky to have such a talented designer and sewer for a mum.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like this print and the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! Love the fabric and looks really cool with the waistband. Glad to see you are enjoying some sunshine! Hope you are having great holidays love nicci and family

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the dresses and the fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super, super cute! Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have shared a great information about Bodycon Dresses and Skater Dresses. Which are very informative for us.Thanks

    ReplyDelete