Pictured above is just a selection of the stacks of scraps I made today based on colour / type: purples, reds, blacks, browns, greens, oranges, blues, pastels, polkadots, plain colours, knit fabrics patterned, knit fabrics plain, patterned fleece and plain fleece. Half of that has now been folded and stacked into neat little piles. The other half is carpetting the floor of the spare room and giving me the sweats.
I'm being torn in two directions here. Responsible me is trying oh-so-hard to declutter and organise my life in a more straightforward manner. You would not believe how much I've thrown out or consigned to the bin recently*. Crafty me has been programmed to save the scraps from everything to be used at a later date for smaller projects**. I mean, who throws out lovely fabric? Psychopaths, that's who.
Because it's so much easier for me to let you all run my life rather than make decisions for myself:
- Do you keep all your scraps?
- Do you have a minimum size that you keep?
- Do you only keep them if you don't have a bigger piece?
- If you don't keep them where do they go? (i.e. garbage, shop, school, Fabric Heaven)
- How oh how oh how oh how does anyone store such a monumental scrap heap?!
*Until I show you the pictures at a later date, then you'll believe me.
** Disclaimer: I almost never make smaller projects.