Tuesday 8 November 2011

11

The Posh Sleeve

posh kindle cover stitching

It was Steven's birthday yesterday and I was determined that this year I would make him something he'd actually utilise. This is harder than it sounds as (in the nicest possible way) he is picky and likes to play it safe. No statement pieces for him, unless the statement is, 'I bought this in a mainstream shop that is probably upscale'.

posh kindle cover

So out came the leather stash. I took a bit of a gamble in using this gorgeous turquoise blue, and an even bigger gamble with lime green contrast stitching. The tab is pinched and pulled through the strap so it stays closed and secure. He opened this present first with a semi-bemused but grateful thank you, until the second present revealed its intent...

posh kindle cover open

I will need to coax it out of him gradually and sneakily as to whether he wants me to make another cover in a more subdued brown leather. Thankfully, there's another Kindle user in this house who wouldn't mind the turquoise one bit.

Leather cases, yay or nay?

11 comments:

  1. Definately a yay. I'm a new Kindle owner and am on the lookout for a swanky cover ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! That is gorgeous! I am now wishing I had a leather stash as the kindle case I am about to make for my mum is nothing compared to this!!

    Alison
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, that is lovely! Sleek and smooth and beautifully made. He'd better blimmin' appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that looks really professional. A definite YAY from me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! That is really lovely. Do you need a fancy smancy sewing machine to sew leather?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Totally yay! Beautiful sleeve. It looks like really nice leather to work with too. Where did you get it from?

    ReplyDelete
  7. love it. love. it. fabulous work!

    bess :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love it. It makes me want to have a kindle very badly if I could have an ace leather cover like that. Utterly gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The blue leather with green stitching is lovely. A very thoughtful gift.

    ReplyDelete