Monday 27 May 2013

15

Scandi Flowers Skater Dress hits London, London doesn't notice

Big Girl Skater dress full

The night before my London trip I left the relative comfort of muslin-world and finally sewed up a skater dress in proper fabric.  The prospect of having someone who isn't seven years old take pictures of me somewhere that isn't my garden was too great an opportunity to pass up.  Obviously, being a rushed late-night venture I didn't get any pictures taken of the process so if I'm finally going to get my act together and write the tutorial I'll need to make myself at least one more skater dress.  Not a bad problem to have, all things considered. 

Big Girl Skater dress close

The Scandi flowers fabric is a cotton/lycra blend with quite a bit of body so the fit was less drapey than the viscose and interlock muslins.  Being a three-quarter length sleeve a thicker fabric is appropriate as a autumn / winter / spring dress (or if it's this year a summer one too).  I'll use a thinner fabric and a short sleeve next time to see how that changes the fit. 

Big Girl Skater dress photobombed

Ha- my favourite picture and it's the one that was photobombed! 

15 comments:

  1. Beautiful!! I lve it and can't wait for the tutorial!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely. I think it would look great with little capped sleeves too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you had a great trip. The pictures came out great. I like photo number two the best. This dress freaking rocks btw. I never got a message from you about testing it, but I'm raring to go when you are! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks great and I love the color on you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it! And I need one :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I'd totally have noticed that awesome dress if seen it.

    Love the fabric.

    Sarabeth
    Life of an Agnostic Sunday School Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  7. That dress is awesome! I really need to make one! I have the perfect knit from girl charlee too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a lovely lady, the dress is fabulous! Plus the pictures are amazing (way to go Kat Goldin!) It is not enough to say I can't freaking wait for this to come to the big girl size. (if you need/want another tester I'm all over it) until then I'll be on pins and needles (hopefully not literally cause that would suck) :p

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great title and great dress! You look so pretty posing all over town and brave too lol. I think I would be too shy myself.

    ReplyDelete
  10. yep, just sitting here once again not working on my pattern or writing skirt week intros but instead waiting for my tester pattern to arrive in my inbox........still waiting.....

    ReplyDelete
  11. Me me me! I'd love this dress. Tester?
    The photos are absolutely gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fun dress, and pretty pictures of you my lady! Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  13. omg LOVE THIS <3 You're gorgeous. ILY

    ReplyDelete