Now, three days before my site expires I am in major-flailing mode. I don't want to pay 6 billion pounds a year for a defunct site. Neither do I want to lose my email addresses. But, I have Top Secret developments that require a rather snazzy website. Alas, website-building-aptitude remains at sub-par. Sub, sub-par. As we speak, I am either pulling my hair out in clumps or foaming at the mouth.
All weekend I've been trying out different sites / interfaces / shops / packages / black magic voodoo solutions to my conundrum and the screenshots above and below are what I'm leaning towards.
It's a WIX site-builder, but the e-commerce option has the most convoluted work-arounds ever so I fear I'm going to have to host the shop elsewhere. I'm leaning towards Big Cartel for the shop, but I can't test my ability to make a good looking shop without pre-paying six million pounds.
Please, please, pretty please, OH DEAR GOD HELP ME:
- Are the above pages lovely enough to justify a Wix front-site (redirecting to sales site)? Or should I just bypass Wix and have a shopfront at kitschycoo.co.uk with Big Cartel?
- Big Cartel: Thumbs up, thumbs down? Is it really pretty or is that not possible for mere mortals who speak in English and not HTML?
- Do you know of magic super-secret website builders? Do not say create.net because I will laugh in your face. If truly super-secret (which would make me happy x infinity), email me. I won't tell anyone except Friend Sarah.
- Recommendations for hosting domains / email? DO NOT EVEN TELL ME I AM GOING TO LOSE MY EMAIL BECAUSE I WILL TRACK YOU DOWN AND LOOK FORLORNLY AT YOU.
- Best methods of suicide that would still enable your dependants to receive life insurance payments?
*Not an euphemism. True fact.