Monday 29 August 2011

3

The Reverse Engineer

stokke sheets 004

I was contacted by a customer recently about making some custom sheets to fit her Stokke crib. I really wish I could see her nursery because the cruise-ship fabric she provided is ace!

stokke sheets 006

It took some doing to get the pattern right because the Stokke mattress is oblong rather than rectangular... thankfully she provided another sheet for a template as my geometry skillz are not quite up to the task of determining the volume of a oval mattress and transferring that into a paper pattern.

stokke sheets 005

According to the customer, the sheets she could find were either bland, prohibitively expensive (or both), so if anyone is interested in custom Stokke sheets, send me an email.

3 comments:

  1. What a fun fabric for a nursery! Great work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Kitschy Coo! They are great, and my Mum is going to go bananas over this blog post, she will probably print it out! I will try to take you a photo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to get my hands on some of that fabric and so far I cannot find it. Do you know where I can get it??

    ReplyDelete