Monday 8 August 2011

10

The Technicolour Yawn Quilt

technicolour yawn back

I pretty much always sew ill-advised things when I return from the States. And then blame jet-lag.

technicolour yawn edges

Now I can blame Pinterest too, for showing me lots of rainbow lovelies to put in my 'Imitation is the Sincerest form of Flattery' board.

technicolour yawn detail

Do you remember last week when you were a kid and played too much Tetris and then you couldn't sleep because you were thinking about how you could slot all your furniture together and make them disappear? The last couple of days I haven't been able to look at anything without mentally quilting it into little tiny rows.

technicolour yawn on the bed

Pre-quilting I said to Steven, 'This is fairly heinous.' He made non-commital noises in my direction.

technicolour yawn 016

Jamie will not leave me alone about making him one now.

10 comments:

  1. Wow!!! That is amazing!!!
    You're such a neat sewer, there's no way my lines would be that straight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this!!! That's my kind of quilting - no piecing, all straight lines. And it's freaking adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, that is amazing, I love it! I want one for my room never mind the kids!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How do you measure a project like that? Hours? Spools of thread? # of rows? Great job on those perfectly even, no pucker rows!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous!! I have often toyed with the idea of making a quilt, but I fear I am too lazy... ;)

    Good job!

    Gemma x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it! But you paid small children to quilt the straight lines, right? Because anyone who undertakes that sort of monumental task themselves is keraazy :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Is it rude if I say that it looks like a unicorns rainbow vomit? In my house that is actually high praise. That blanket would be much loved in my house. And I love the tetris analogy! I totally know that experience. That also happened to me when I was learning how to bag groceries as a teenager. I would close my eyes and just build a bag of groceries like a game of tetris. Drove me CRAZY. Hopefully you will be able to cease imaginary quilting soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey, easy on the Tetris. I throw down on Tetris nightly on my old Nintendo DS. Yes, I slightly dip my head in shame, I own a Nintendo DS because, duh, Mario Bros. O.k. did I lose you there? Sorry. I love me some 80's video games.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow - I quilted a little cot mattress protector with lines that close together and it nearly did my head in, so I'm amazed that you managed a single bed size without going completely loopy.
    The colours look great though, not a technicolour yawn in sight! Very nice in fact, I might have to make one of these for my little boy too.

    ReplyDelete