Wednesday 14 January 2009

10

So... do you come here often?


Ever wish you could say to me "Shut up about those bloody kids!" or "Yes, yes, I get it... you do lots of sewing, sigh"? Well, here's your chance! I need your help, I'm a bit baffled. My blog views have been growing steadily since we came back from our holidays, despite the fact that I haven't posted anything on Craftster, or listed anything new on my own site, on Folksy or on Etsy. Today I had a frankly perplexing number of people from outside the UK and US. So in the nicest possible way... why are you here? Beyond curiosity, I'd like to know so I can make my blog better and give you what you want. Within reason of course, a pony is out of the question.
The way I see it, you could be on here for several reasons. And before you ask... yes, I have too much time on my hands.


  • Obligation / Desperation: You know me in the real world. Maybe we're related or we were friends before I had kids and became a hermit. I'm not so good at keeping in touch, so you have to read my blog.
  • Optimism: One of these days I just might tell you something useful. Like maybe I could post a tute or have another giveaway. Maybe you're holding out for the recipe for my grandma's Syrian Nutmeg Cake. I don't blame you, it's lovely.
  • Schadenfreude: Reading about my parenting and sewing mishaps makes you feel better. Maybe your life isn't so bad.
  • Mishap: You're not sure how you got here. It was probably a mistake. You know better now.
  • Curiosity: Did I feature you in a Folksy Finds?
  • Something else: I couldn't possibly understand your complex reasons.

I'd really appreciate if you clicked on the poll to say why you've come here! I'm pretty sure it's anonymous, but if not, it's most certainly beyond my technical capabilities. So go ahead, Mom, click Schadenfreude....

Or you could leave a comment, but please read the disclaimer below first.

** DISCLAIMER: The author of this blog is a sensitive wee soul. While your right to voice an opinion is respected, please bear in mind she will most likely cry if you're mean.

10 comments:

  1. Hiya, I think I'm your newest follower! Can't remember exactly how I found you (Folksy? Etsy? Someone else's blog?) but I'm a newcomer to the blogging world and am now losing great big chunks of the day to reading people's musings. Yours bring a smile to my face :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read you because it makes me laugh! You write beautifully (even about awful things) and I like your take on the world. So it's a mixture of sheer nosiness, slight schadenfreude (in the nicest possible way, honest, hey I have 3 young children, I know what it's like!) and also you make beautiful, beautiful things and I'm interested in your creative process. Love the blog - keep it up!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I found your blog from the Folksy forum topic where everybody was listing their blogs. I think I've put you on my "reading list" on my blog, but perhaps I haven't added you yet. I shall check. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Amanda, I'm another one from Folksy - I saw your beautiful kids' clothes and they made me want to find out more about their creator!

    I enjoy reading your blog for a few reasons - you post regularly, so there's usually something new to read; I live in Scotland, have kids and enjoy sewing, so I feel a kind of kinship/bond/empathy; but mostly because you write engagingly and with such humour and honesty that it's a pleasure to get to know you virtually.

    Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, I like to sew children's clothes, but have absolutely NO creativity! So, I browse blogs for inspiration. Your clothes are CUTE! and your blog is sweet and funny. So there you have it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sure I got here via Craftster. I come back b/c I also have small children and they make me nuts in alot of the same ways yours do. I wouldnt say it the 'i guess my life isn't so bad' comparision; more like it's comforting to hear that I'm not the only one feeling crazy. Plus I'm anxiously waiting your toddler coat pattern. And your kids are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I got here via Craftster, too. I stayed because your children amuse me and I love your coats!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I found your blog through Etsy. I am a complete Etsy addict and I would love to have a shop, but I don't think there is anything I can make that I could sell...alas, that is a problem! Like others, I love your clothes and I have three young monkeys whose antics sound very similar to your two. I am also an American living in another country - although you are much farther from home than I am. I follow a number of food blogs and only recently discovered I could expand my Etsy obsession to reading about the people who are behind all the awesome shops. So, there you have it... I will now go back to being a lurker on your blog! =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Amanda. I have to agree with everyone else on the subject. Your very funny. My husband even laughs at the things you write about. I also have little people. So it's nice to hear someone else is going through the same things I do. Sorry,I have to keep signing my comments as Anonymous because I can't remember my password.

    Teresa (Munora)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hellooo, I bought the beautiful green velveteen coat from you and a dress and have been randomly following your blog every since.

    I read it cos you are clever and interesting and funny and no, I don't want anything free (well, if you insist).

    ReplyDelete