Wednesday 14 January 2009

0

Thank God for that...

At long last, I can finally get on with my life. 'What momentous change has occurred?', I hear you ask. Is Jamie finally sleeping? Have our financial burdens eased by a fortuitous lottery win? Have the powers that be decided to cast me as Bella in the next Twilight film? No, no and alas, no...

The past two weeks, I've been consumed with The Pillars of the Earth and World without End by Ken Follett. I started reading when camped out in Jamie's doorway on sentry duty and then it slowly but surely took over my life. Cooking dinner... book in hand. Brushing teeth... book in hand. Adjudicating toddler squables... book in hand. The rest of my life has fallen by the wayside. Emails unanswered (sorry!). Maia needs clothes to accommodate her boxing glove, umm... hasty scissor slits to shirts I don't like. No sewing, except for orders. Tonight, after 2324 pages of intense reading, I've finally finished.

Now my life is my own again (well, slightly more than before), what am I going to do? Well, I found a reasonable printer for my double breasted coat tutorial so that should be in my Etsy shop next week. And I have a new coat design in mind for Maia with bell sleeves to fit her cast. And some sweater recons I'm going to make her from my old work clothes. And I'm going to start posting some of the tutes I have on Craftster over here as well. And a military-esque coat waiting for Jamie. Not too ambitious, right?!

So hopefully I'll be posting some new things soon! But in the meantime, here are the orders I made this week:

No comments:

Post a Comment