Monday 23 August 2010

10

The Lunchbag of Injustice

The primary one pupils don't have lunch at school for another month (because of the settling in process) so I thought I had plenty of time to give proper thought into lunch bag construction. But Jaim came on Thursday with note saying he was one of the pupils being accessed for literacy and numeracy today and he'd be having his lunch at school! So absolutely no time to give proper thought to lunch bag construction, only time to give half-*ss panicked thoughts. Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you the Lunchbag of Injustice:


Apologies for the quality of photos on offer today; these pics were taken with a certain three year old angrily throwing herself on my back, railing at a world where siblings not only get to go to school, but they also have lunch. A world without Maia.


It's a boxed construction with my trusty Thinsulate as inner-lining for stability and to keep contents cold. And it looks like I'll be making another one to redress the lunchbag / injustice dichotomy wreaking havoc through my family. Tute anyone?

NB. Thanks for all the volunteers on the hoodie pattern! I'm working my way through all the comments to figure out who will cover each size and I'll email people soon.

10 comments:

  1. fabulous! we would have rioting here also if one sibling received such a fab item. thankfully the injustice of an older sibling going to school whilst the younger stays home and sulks will be over this year as both girls start attending full time (sob) and I think the little one will enjoy the peace and freedom not having his 2, sometimes 'over loving' sisters around will provide lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Normal people would have just bought one from Asda, given the timescale! You are a true sewing addict, and I love you for it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is lovely,I was really looking forward to making my Solly one,but he fell in love with a dinosaur one in the Gap sale way back in the spring so my lunch bag skills are not needed....I may make one for myself!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tute yes, please! And it looks ace. Must come and find you at the school gates one day when it's not raining...

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute! And wonderful to have more ways to use thinsulate.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is cool and VERY timely given that I refuse to pay £10 for a lunchbox for dd and she needs a new one..maybe I should make her one.
    We had the injustice thing for 2 years..Has Jamie decided that he is too cool/tired to play with Maia when he comes home from school as well? Grrr

    ReplyDelete
  7. yes please to a tute!
    I too think it's fab and if you'd make me one I'd throw myself on the floor too, go Maia!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! Thats fab! Love the fabric too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow that's great I would love a tute on that!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! tute please, so much nicer than the ones available, and cheaper (once I've actually bought some thinsulate that is anyhow)

    ReplyDelete