Saturday 14 August 2010

11

Things that seemed very funny at the time. Later, not so much.

cowboy side detail

Remember the hilarity of me naming all of my hoodie revisions 'Final', 'Version Infinity, 'Superfinal, and 'Last one ever'? Gosh, that was so funny. Until Thursday, that is. With four hoodie orders to keep me busy, I pulled out my mahoosive hoodie pattern file and found that I couldn't remember which version really was the final pattern. You know, the one that made it through thirteen revisions to be close to perfect. I don't feel so funny anymore.

cowboy side hood

So back to the old drawing board. Bad news for me from the time point of view, but actually I think it was a good thing. Because I had drafted the sizes semi-individually before, there wasn't proper cohesion between the grades. And this time I tried slash-and-spread for the first time (rather than my usual slide-and-spread). Non-sewers, you will have to take my word for this being both exciting and awesome.

blue side full

This cowboy hoodie is the smallest size I've drafted (18m). As you can see, it's reversible but for the first time ever I've appliqued the reverse instead of pockets. Tiny pockets on a tiny hoodie looked very silly indeed.

blue side detail

If you're thinking of telling me it's too OMGBlue, don't even bother. Look how cool it looks from above (as 99% of people are going to be to a baby) with the interior of the hood. Yes, I know. So cool.

11 comments:

  1. So adorable! I love the cowboy applique. And OMG colors work for the under three set, they just do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks fab... wonder if you would be able to do one for me! Don't think I would be your smallest size ever ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's awesome! The blue looks great with that cowboy print. And congrats in your slash and spread! That sounds a bit obscene out of context...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute.... just need denim dungarees with matching knee patches...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow! Very cool indeed! I love the reversability of this hoodie.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's *nice*, and I do love the inside of the hood in the last picture.

    I know what you mean about the names of versions of things. I do that to myself so often with naming backup copies of documents in progress - 'safe', 'saved', 'original', 'revised'. One day, I'll learn that it only makes sense for about five minutes after I actually create the things....

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's not too OMG blue, it's toddler blue!
    And did you know Eric / Alexander Skarsarsgararsard is on the front cover of the Telegraph magazine today? I didn't get your mega crush on him at first, but he looks very nice when he's not being a vampire :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Brilliant - love these! Would love to cover them on my blog one day soon...

    ReplyDelete
  9. So Cute, amd the colour is fab!!! Kx

    ReplyDelete
  10. stunning - such marvelous fabric, and you do justice to it with knobs on. or maybe applique.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Another awesome hoodie - the fabric is just too cute.

    ReplyDelete