Tuesday 5 June 2012

9

Kitschy Coo and the Dolmaniacs

dolman boy

How's that for a band name?  Apologies for the delay in getting this post all together, believe it or not I spent about 16 hours making those flipping grab buttons to your right.  I made a boy one and a girl one so you can be casually sexist choose whichever one you fancy. Copy and paste the code into a html widget for your sidebar and, who knows, it might just click through to my blog for the sew-along. Or it could send you down a rabbit hole, coding is not my forte.

little forest top

So this is how the sew-along is going to work: the pattern is now available in the shop for pre-order at a special price of £5 (this will increase to £7 once the sew-along is finished).  On the 10th of June the pattern and basic tutorial file will be emailed to you and the sew-along begins! Not only will we cover the basic construction of the top on the blog, but I'll also add some fun bonus variations.

dolman girl

The details of the pattern: 
The top has short dolman sleeves with the option of sleeve and hem bands or, if you prefer, straightforward hems. It is suitable for both boys and girls.  With a generous cut, the top is designed to be worn for up to two years per size.  It's a perfect garment if you are new to sewing knits, and it should take you under an hour to sew up!  Suitable fabrics include interlock, jersey, rib knit, waffle weave knit, french terry, and sweatshirting, or you could even repurpose old adult shirts. The sizes included are 18m/2T, 3T/4T, 5Y/6Y, and 7Y/8Y. You will need at most 1/2m of standard width fabric for all sizes / variations except for 7Y/8Y when choosing a normal hem and not a waistband (with a waistband it falls just short of 50cm). A 1/4m of ribbing, jersey or interlock are also required for the neckband and optional sleeve and hem bands.  Stretch needles are also required.
dolman boy 2

And if you need some fabric, I'm also offering 15% off all fabrics in my shop for one week (closing 12 June)!  Just enter DOLMANIACS at checkout.

9 comments:

  1. Eeek! Exciting :) Off to do some shopping then...

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY!!! I just preordered my pattern! So fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww poo! I ordered my stuff yesterday at full price :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't worry, refunding you the difference :)

      Delete
    2. You're sweet, thank you. Obviously I was just far too eager...lol

      Delete
  4. The thrift store (where the fabric is usually crap) today had two pieces of interlock perfect for little girl Dolman tees. Obviously a sign.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I got the pattern and have some knit. I'll be out of town for about a week starting on the 10th, though, so I might be "sew behind" rather than along.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ooh, i picked up a length of white waffle fabric in the remnant bin yesterday so perfect. might need to check out the ribbings you have as my local shop are very much stuck on navy/ red/ grey/ black and i know my girly girl won't go for that!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ok I caved in lol just placed a HUGE order. oops lol

    ReplyDelete