Friday 17 April 2009

12

Why I need to need to join a polygamous sapphic cult

I realise that this blog has been a place of negativity recently, what with Overallgate, Angst-o-rama and Let's Get Stigmatised so today my blog is going to be a lovely happy place. When you live in crafty cyber world, it's common to develop crushes on other crafty cyber people that inspire you, make you laugh, that understand you and your crafty cyber life. I love partaking in forums, I love reading blogs by like-minded people. Who knew that there were so many women just like me trying to claw their way out of domestic and maternal servitude and forge a place for themselves in this mass-produced world?! So today I'd like to devote my blog to one such woman and declare April 17th to be International Vonnie Appreciation Day.



For those of you who don't know about Vonnie (and therefore must live in a cave), she is the woman behind Blottedcopybook. I've mentioned her before because she organised the Time for Tea Swap that I participated in. She lives in Scotland like me. She is soon to be a mother of four and still finds the time to blog, sew, bake and knit. I believe that she's been on Richard Bacon's radio show, and although I'm unsure what she was there talking about, it was probably advice on being heroic. Everytime there is a surge in my viewer figures, it's because of Vonnie. She blogs about me, she Twitters about me, she Stumbles me. I don't just love her because she's bigging me up though, I think we're compatible. She likes creme eggs and Magner's too. When she wrote that children should be locked in cages until after puberty, my heart soared. So today I'm wearing my heart on my sleeve, I'm taking a gamble, I'm throwing my hat in the ring. I'm a little bit nervous but I think it's reciprocated.


Vonnie, would you like to join a polygamous sapphic cult with me? It's okay, we can bring Steven and Bob, they can look after our kids while we sew and knit. Bob can teach Steven how to cook. You can do all the baking and I will make the tea. It will be perfect.

12 comments:

  1. When you live in crafty cyber world, it's common to develop crushes on other crafty cyber people that inspire you, make you laugh, that understand you and your crafty cyber life.

    That's how I feel about YOU Amanda! Ha! I'd like to join the cult too :) aaaah knitting and sewing while the husbands toil away with the domestic concerns...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I shall pop over there since I wasn't aware of her... And I think it's nice to have a "this inspiring person" day

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwwww we have a mutual appreciation society on the go here! I'm very touched that you dedicated a whole post to me and I'm sure Bob will have no problem whatsoever with your idea. Particularly because it'll mean he gets to live with some real life sane people :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Vonnie is ENTIRELY made of win..I have long said as much. Am happy she has a day named in her honour!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooops....above comment was from moi!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can I come too?

    ReplyDelete
  7. She's mine! Get your hands off!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm another Vonnie-lover over here in Canada! She knows my love. *wink of knowing.* :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Bob: That's just typical. Me (female): share, share, share. You (male): mine, mine, mine. I would ask Steven to wade into the debate, but he's doing the dishes.

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOL @ Jennifer

    When you live in crafty cyber world, it's common to develop crushes on other crafty cyber people that inspire you, make you laugh, that understand you and your crafty cyber life.

    That's how I feel about YOU Amanda! Ha! I'd like to join the cult too :) aaaah knitting and sewing while the husbands toil away with the domestic concerns...
    Me too - that's exactly how I feel about Amanda too :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Once upon a time it was suggested that Vonnie, our friend Eileen and I would start up a commune where we would live, self-sufficiently, with our numerous children.

    ReplyDelete