- a) Daily calories allowed in the sweatshop
- b) Minutes sleep allowed in the sweatshop
- c) Number of times Jamie got out of bed
- d) Milligrams of lithium I am taking to get me through the assembly line making
- e) Number of feet of double fold binding I cut, ironed and sewed for straps
And the answer? On Thursday I cut out 35 sundresses for shirring. 35 sundresses have 140 straps. Each strap is 22 inches long. So 256 feet of double fold straps cut, ironed under one side, ironed under other side, folded in half and ironed, sewn closed. About halfway through I found my bias tape maker contraption and that helped me along a bit quicker. For any other masochists out there making vast quantities of straps, get yourself one of these thingeys.
Gosh, what would all those straps look like?! Like this:
Unfortunately, despite making all of the straps for all 35 dresses, I only managed to get 29 dresses done before
losing the will to live moving on to the next project. Maybe I'll get a chance to finish them off before the fair but it's handy to have nearly-completed things to wizz through in the evenings during the fair should I need to replenish stock.
Here's my stack of dresses: