Saturday 5 June 2010

13

The Dandy Pirate

Jamie is partaking in The Big Toddle this week and the theme is Pirates. So I started his costume today with a piratey top...


And some britches...


For the record, he is stoked.


Maia? Devastated she doesn't have one. Not like she doesn't loathe the doctor's coat that I made for her birthday and refuses to wear. Steven? Unconvinced that this is a genuine pirate look and not just a dandy. So I guess I have to butch it up a bit. So what do you think? Waistcoat? Eye-patch? Bandana head? Less feminine top? Sigh.

13 comments:

  1. Eye patch and drawn on moustache and it will be perfect

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that top is ace!! Eye patch and waistcoat and it will be fab!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eye patch and waistcoat. It's brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eye patch for sure. The waiscoat sounds great too. And ofcourse a scarf around his head. And what about some (fake) earrings? And a hook to pretend like it's his hand?

    But I think that even without all those extras he looks like a dangerous pirate already!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i'd go with a bandana . an eye patch will either be lost/ taken off/ impair his binocular vision .

    like the idea of an hook!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the top, just add an eye parch, bandana and tash and he will be perfect

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'd go for a waistcoat and bandana or eyepatch...whichever he is most likely to keep on!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The top is perfect! Waistcoat and red sash with fringe - very piratey.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Is there time to find a beany baby parrot and sew it on the shoulder?

    A matching sash and bandanna would swash-buckle it up, too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. A waist coat and a matching headscarf would finish that off nicely! Thanks for the reminder - my Missy Moo's Toddle Waddle this this week too! I'd forgotten about it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great costume!! My kids love to dress up as pirates. You'll get a lot of use out of that costume!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It does need an eye patch & maybe a parrot.

    ReplyDelete
  13. teeny plaits like wotsisname in the movies

    ReplyDelete