Friday 15 October 2010

11

Princess Phase Two: The adult affliction

velour dress full 2

I don't know what's come over me. In the last couple of weeks I've wanted to wear nothing but dresses and skirts, tights, and boots. But with the exception of boots, I have none of the necessary equipment. Must. Make. Dresses.

velour dress front

Is Maia's girliness contagious? Is it a pathetic capitulation to the level of grooming displayed on the school run? I'm not exactly sure. But I think this blog has something to do with it.

velour dress side

You might recognise this dress from my knit cowls from last winter. I appreciate that my body type shouldn't be in such a high neck, and that velour is not very forgiving to lumps and bumps, but I can see myself making another half a dozen in different colours and prints. Does the cooler air make anyone else a bit crazy and / or single minded about their wardrobe?

11 comments:

  1. Love it, especially with the red tights. Cold weather definitely opens up new opportunities wardrobe wise. Though, looking down at my grey jumper/denim skirt/grey leggings combo, it appears I have not taken the opportunity to go crazy today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look great! Fall weather always drove me into long skirts, tights and boots. I love the look. I miss having the weather (or occasion) to dress like that in Tucson.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look gorgeous! Yes, the change in weather is making me want cosy layered things. Specifically knitted cosy layered things, and I can't knit. Ho hum.

    Did you decide on the acrylic ponte roma, by the way? Sorry I wasn't much help.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like skirts and boots during this time of year, I figure with high boots and very thick tights my legs are suitable for public viewing!?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE it! I think the cowl is low enough that you don't end up with that expanse of fabric that Susannah and Trinny are always harping about. At some point auntninn and I will get that weather change everyone keeps talking about. (She says whilst wearing a turtleneck and sweater with boots - I'm wishing...)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the shout-out, lady!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, you certainly look good in that dress, so I think making more dresses is a marvelous idea. In the winter I wear a lot of dresses too, oh what am I saying, I wear dresses all year. I love it. But then again.. I think I never really came out of the princessy phase... *blush*

    ReplyDelete
  8. Autumn for me is nothing but tights and dresses, my favourite things when it gets cooler. :) Also, that particuar high neck looks really good. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. 'Already pretty'? Why yes, yes you are. :-)

    Looking forward to further adventures in dress-making....

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks good. I sometimes thing about wearing skirts and/or dresses... then I remember the other thing that goes with them in the autumn or winter - tights. I hates them. Should get over that but I really do.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, that looks awesome! Wish I could get a little cool weather here so I could wear something snuggly with boots. That dress looks great on you.

    ReplyDelete