Sunday 17 October 2010

11

Starting as I mean to go on, i.e. THRILLING

And so began half term. Ten days with no school, no nursery, no childminder, no grandparents. All me, all kids, all the time. Sewing will be sporadic, if at all; I have grown accustomed to working during daylight hours. Projects on a needs-must basis. Like so:


We've been going swimming almost every weekend recently. Terrifyingly, North Edinburgh is now au fait with my pin-up bathing suit, which is holding it own through regular use and not doing anything too embarrassing. The pool is freezing. The kids need warm robes to tide them over so I can get dressed first. The robe is clearly much loved.

11 comments:

  1. I really really like that! would really like to make it too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute.

    For the record - I always get myself dressed before the kids - it stops them escaping while I am half naked ;-)

    Likewise I always get myself changed into my costume first for the same reason.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute!

    Are you swimming in Leith Vicky baths? Is it still as grim as it used to be? My deepest sympathies, if so.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Vonnie: I know, huh? He's such a Zoolander recently :)

    @Paula: It was so easy to make, about a 30 minute project (after I drafted). I'll share if you want?

    @Pollianicus: Yes. I put my suit on before we go and take it off while leaning against the door so they don't expose me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Emmy: No, not Vicky baths! Not that brave :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tutorial pleeeeease! I have some pink towelling that would be great for that, and munchkin and I have just got three free swims from British Gas.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely pictures. Your daughter is super cute!
    Love reading this blog. Am sure one day it'll inspire me to drag out my trusty sewing machine again. But until that day I'm just happy to enjoy seeing all your creations and wonder how on earth you find the time :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aww, so cute!! I just wanna hug him!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Being as I am the parent of a 21 year old and a 17 year old I am SO GLAD that I don't really have to do 1/2 term anymore (apart from picking the 17 year old up from a party at 1 in the morning that is......!
    And swimming, in the winter, in Scotland, with Reynauds..are you MAD?????

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good luck on the half term. We don't have ours until next week.

    They're lovely robes as well.

    ReplyDelete