Tuesday 18 January 2011

8

Bless me, Blogger, for I have sinned. It has been twenty four days since my last confession.

Size one

Well, goodness. Sorry about the lengthy hiatus. For those of you not au fait with the intricacies of my life, the majority of that time was spent with my family in the States but the remainder has been spent trying to get my act together and do 10,000 things I don't want to do.

Back
Not pictured: Things I want to do

A Big Girl conglomeration of complaining to various companies for being hateful, form-filling, lots of things involving doctors, even more things involving screwdrivers, a steady stream of money going in the wrong direction, an intense cardiovascular programme based on trips to the garage carrying increasingly awkward things, and meetings, and emails about meetings, and the resultant meetings about meetings both past and present, and meetings we might have in future to be planned in email. None of it involves dorky gingerbread houses.

Snowman

Which is unfortunate. Because I am infinitely better at the things I want to do.

Side two

And so endeth my obligitory post-holiday-mid-homesick whinge. Things are returning to normal, progress is being made, and hopefully I'll be back at my machines soon. Sewing myself a sense of humour.

Attention all lovers of schadenfreude: who thinks I can make a bean bag couch?

8 comments:

  1. Why couldn't you make a bean bag couch? Why would you want to though? Aren't those little things they stuff those bags with really expensive?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back, we missed you!
    Can't wait to see the bean bag couch!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have been missed! Those are super fun gingerbread houses. Go, sew yourself a couch - then sack out on it. A nap always improves my sense of humor.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you can make a beanbag couch, go for it!

    Hope all the unpleasantness is done and dusted, sounds like a grim time:(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome back!! We missed your blog. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay so this may sound strange but here goes.... This morning as I'm driving around doing errands I think to myself "I haven't read a post from Kitschy Coo in like forever?". My first thought was that my troublesome 17 month old has figured out how to delete blogs from my reader (he's sneaky that way I assure you). I seriously thought my maniac son deleted blogs. So when I got home today I started fretting about all the blogs he deleted and I won't even know or remember because I'm retarded that way and I cannot remember my husbands name most days let alone which blogs I totally love and stalk. Long story short-ish. Here you are. Not deleted.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Don't make a beanbag couch. Make more cake houses and send them to me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are definitely an overachiever when it comes to gingerbread houses - glad you're back!

    ReplyDelete