Sunday 21 July 2013

2

Lady Skater Pattern Tour: Sew Chibi

We're in the home stretch with only two Lady Skaters to go and today we have the incomparable Kat from Sew Chibi!  Hand on heart, I don't think there is anyone quite like Kat (and I genuinely mean that with the highests praise).  I have the honour of being one of a group of people that Kat bounces ideas off about what she's making and although I don't necessarily immediately understand what she's planning, I know it'll be epic.  We've partaken in quite a few of the same tours (and she's participated in tours  I've incongruously not been asked to do been too busy to do ) and there is never an occasion when she doesn't do something so unique and awesome that I don't gasp.  I'm not even joking, these cats are slide-able up and down that panel and she hand-stamped and painted the fabric.  If my mum wasn't knitting me a Wonder Woman sweater I'd seriously consider asking Kat to be my mum as I can't even imagine the glee I'd feel to have something like this as a kid (kidding not kidding , mum!).  One of the best sewing projects I've ever seen was how she turned a painting by her father into fabric via Spoonflower and made her daughter a dress with it; not a straight-up dress using the fabric alone but a fusion dress with a skirt in his painting with her own beautiful inspired bodice, sash, and self-made buttons.  She's one in a million / billion / seven point one billion.
 
Here's a sneaky peak of what Kat made... Click on through!

2 comments:

  1. I WILL TOTALLY BE YOUR INTERNET MUM!!! Love you Amanda!!!! Big squeezy too long hugs to you from me! Thanks for having me!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's in credible that Kat Wonderstone!

    ReplyDelete