Saturday 28 February 2009

1

Elephant baby cord matinee jacket

After grading last year's pattern up to 2-3 yr, I made a sample matinee jacket out of a sweet dotty elephant baby cord with Amy Butler's Full Moon red and cream spots on the reverse. I know I should really use muslin for samples but I can't resist using 'actual' fabric!


I made wider sleeves than my original pattern because I like it when you can see the other fabric peeking out, and it gives the garment a longer life when you can roll up cuffs.

As you can see in this picture, the buddha belly is making an appearance through the front opening. I love the buddha belly.

For contrast I reversed the tab fabric, so that the tabs and buttons 'pop' and become more of a feature than just being functional. I like this adaptability, you can use the same fabric to tame down a busy print, reverse the fabrics to match with the sleeve cuffs, or you can use entirely different fabric for extra 'pop'.

I haven't been able to take an action pic of the reverse side yet, but will update this post when I have!

1 comment:

  1. I love Love Love it Amanda. I want to make one. They are so cute.I can't wait for the pattern to become available in your shop.

    Munora (Teresa)

    ReplyDelete