Thursday 19 November 2009

16

Retro guitar hoodie


I haven't made anything for Jamie for about a year and now that he's not treating my wares a kryptonite, I thought it was high time I did. He was so grateful and excited about it I really need to work on more boy stuff!


This is like version twelve of my hoodie pattern and I'm finally happy with it.


And seeing as I've finally managed to track down some reversible zippers that don't cost more than the fabric required, I made it reversible. The other side is soft flannel with big guitar pockets. I'm liking how it ties in the interior of the hood.


Today's task is to scale the final 3T / 4T pattern down to the 18m/2T size and write the tute up. So... anyone with a bit of spare time and a fabric stash want to test this? Maybe someone with a boy for a change? I can throw in a reversible zip!

16 comments:

  1. I would love to test it in a 4T for my godson! I've been waiting for you to put this pattern out for a while now lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh that's lovely! Really like the fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! And yes please - more boy's stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh, lurvely!
    Let me know if you'd like a tester down this way :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh! Pick me! Pick me!! I will!! I've got a 3T boy and an 18M girl who could both use hoodies!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nathaniel is a small 2 and we'd love to test this out! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lucky Jaim! That's a cracking hoodie!

    ReplyDelete
  8. great hoodie - nice to see a boys item but i have to say this . . . . WHITE?!!! are you a crazy woman?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'd love to test this pattern, my son is 3 and would love a new hoodie!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic picture of Jamie, that first one! And I love the pockets on the reverse side.
    If you're hankering to have a tester in Canada, I've got am 18m/2T sized son just waiting to try one on!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is SOOO cute! I love it! I would love to test it for you. . . but I only have girls and am in the US. Keep up the good work! ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love it! The guitar print is great, my son would adore that. As for testing your pattern - in my dreams I'd run one up in no time - in reality I'd find it easier to fly to the moon...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Heya,

    I'd love to test the pattern in a 2Tish size :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'd love to test the pattern too! Just made your asymmetrical jacket for my 18 mo. girl - love it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh loving this - gorgeous fabric x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Is there somewhere I can buy your hoodie pattern?

    ReplyDelete