Tuesday 24 November 2009

8

When did he get so big?

We were saying goodbye this morning, me sending him off into the Big Wide World. He's on his own now. I worried, 'What if someone is mean to him? Will he eat enough? I hope he sleeps all right because if he doesn't get enough sleep he's cranky.' We checked his bag to make sure he had everything. I rubbed a bit of toothpaste off his cheek and smoothed his hair. 'He looks so grown-up,' I thought. 'Better go,' he said. 'Wait, let me take your picture!'


Wait... you didn't think I was talking about Jamie, right? No, it's Steven I sent off to the Big Wide World today, on his very first business trip. And before anyone tsks about me infantilising my husband, I'm doing all the child-rearing for the next 48 hours so that gives me license to do just about anything. Except laundry.

8 comments:

  1. Awww, does he get to stay in a Travlelodge? And press his trousers in a trouser press? Bless him :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww wee Stevie-pops, bless his cotton socks. Isn't he getting big? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely not laundry!!! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My protocol for when Stewart works away is to sit in a corner, laptop on knee and wine in hand.
    Laundry? What's that?

    ReplyDelete
  5. LMAO! I hope your solo parenting goes well. I actually find it easier when my third child is away ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. *LOL* ... the Boy and i get along better when it is just he and I.. when its all of us or a grandparent involved hie ignores me and i end up weeping... the only thing is on the rare occasions when M has been away overnight I get all freaked out at being on my own at night... I suppose i spend so many days on my own that i should be ok but somehow I never am.. though I admit its nice not haveing to cook properly and just have whatever the hell i want without M grumping about something or other.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the comments, guys! Kids are in bed on night two and I've survived... It's a terrible thing to say but today was easier because Jamie wasn't feeling well and didn't have the energy to antagonise / fight Maia. We all just sat on the couch and watched DVDs.

    @MBW: He's 32. Seriously.

    ReplyDelete