Monday 23 November 2009

9

Every cloud has a manga lining

Remember how last week I was bragging about how happy I was with my hoodie pattern? After about 12 revisions? How all I had to do was scale it down (italics added to emphasise naivety)? Well, when I went to scale it down I discovered something fishy. Somewhere along the way I rotated the armscythe about an inch off centre. I had to go back about six revisions to correct my mistake and then travel through all of the changes I had made since version six to get back to where I started. So that's the bad news. The good news? I get to make my kids two more hoodies.

Maia is sporting the 18m/ 2T size. It's slightly neat but she is very big for her age and mostly wears 3T anyway. Just how awesome is this fabric? Don't try to answer that question, it's impossible to put into words.

So, yeah, here we come version 13. That hood's too small. Or maybe her cranium is too big because it houses her preturnaturally gifted brain. But I probably will make the hood bigger just in case it's not just her.

She can wear this side when she's listening to Death Metal.

Purple trousers weren't originally part of the plan but that's what she was sporting on the way home from the childminder's. Can you guess why? It had something to do with this post.

9 comments:

  1. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this fabric! It was MEANT to be a hoody for the cool pre-shool/toddler set! Really, Amanda, this is so perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooohh love that hoody! wish i was tiny enough to wear it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Would love an adult-sized version!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE this fabric, I've just made a bag for one of my nieces using it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I covet one of your hoodies, perhaps after chrimble I shall treat the kids to one.
    The fabric is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was so sure Guy was the coolest kid on the block with his car hoody, but Maia seriously rocks in that. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Helen just led me to your website and I just had to leave a comment to say how much I love your clothes....wish my kids were smaller to fit them! Jamie and Helen may have told you I have a Maya too! She would love this manga fabric!
    Gudrun
    (Jamie's sister)

    ReplyDelete