Thursday 21 May 2009

6

Tag, I'm it!

I've been tagged by not one, but two people. First by Nicky of Sparkly Treasures, and then by Jennifer of Little Birds Fly. So here goes....

8 Things I am looking Forward too.....

  1. Going into town with Friend Sarah this evening. We're going to hit the shops, and then to eat and drink and be merry. I might buy some clothes, which I haven't done in almost a year.
  2. Meeting my new nephew Calvin, he's coming up to two months old now and is already probably too big for the clothes I made but not sent :(
  3. Sunshine and Heat. Part and parcel of a trip home to the US in the summer.
  4. Everyone's legs getting out. See above. The kids legs are so chubby and delicious they deserve to be seen at all times.
  5. Reading a book again. I'm a voracious reader but have had a moratorium on reading for a couple of months now as I've been so busy with the business.
  6. I think *gulp* I might be meeting up with Vonnie soon, the object of my sapphic cyber crush. Although she warns that we have so much in common us meeting might rip a hole in the fabric of the universe.
  7. My birthday in August. I'm going to be 30, and Friend Sarah has offered to look after the kids so we can go away. Although it worries me that after looking after the kids, she might not be my friend anymore. She might be in an asylum.
  8. The next time I can justify fabric shopping. It's got to happen some time, right?
8 Things I Did Yesterday...
  1. Talked to my Dad on the phone in the afternoon. We talked about the book 'Raising your Spirited Child' in relation to Jamie.
  2. Talked to my mom on the phone in the evening. I was meant to be 'going to bed early', but instead blabbed away for an hour and a half, and then went to bed at 1AM. Oops.
  3. Hid Tesco Cheerios inside the box for normal Cheerios to try to trick the kids. Maia, tricked. Jamie, not tricked.
  4. Bought Jamie a special treat (a big bubble wand) for not sleeping with us for the second time in 10 months. He sneaked in again last night, so the treat did not incentivise him.
  5. Ate the last of Maia's birthday icing.
  6. Fixed two tires on the buggy. Again.
  7. Sketched and cut out the pattern pieces for a new summer blouse I'm hoping to make.
  8. Watched The Apprentice through my fingers. I get so stressed.
8 Things I Wish I Could Do....
  1. Speak Italian.
  2. Sleep at least six hours a night.
  3. Service my own sewing machines.
  4. Figure out how to scale my coat patterns to adult sizes.
  5. Dress myself in non-boring clothes without feeling like an imposter.
  6. Afford to send my patterns to a printer so I don't have to trace anymore.
  7. Get my UK driver's license.
  8. Relax.
8 Shows I Watch....
  1. The Apprentice (through fingers)
  2. Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares (through fingers)
  3. Ashes to Ashes
  4. Dexter
  5. Heroes
  6. Damages
  7. Skins
  8. America's / Britain's Next Top Model *looks shifty*
Okay, that's me. My turn to tag you. Here's the rules, just in case you want to follow them:

1. Mention the name of the person who tagged you.
2. Do the lists of 8.
3. Tag 8 bloggers of your choice.
4. Let them know that they have been tagged!

And, I'll tag:

6 comments:

  1. Gee thanks - now I've got to think of EIGHT interesting things I did yesterday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, jb*jb! If it's any consolation, my eight things weren't interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wahey! I'm terribly excited about meeting up by the way ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kathryn doesn't stay in her own bed. If it is any consolation, star charts sort of work, but only after she's spent all night in her bed 10 times and we bought her a present. She's spent 20 nights in her own bed since last November.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Damn, I shall add this to my list of things to do tomorrow, I've just blogged about my sewing machine repair man...I am soo sad!!

    I did the Sainsburys rice krispies in the Kelloggs box. It didn't fool anyone here. Dammit. Here I am trying to economise. I've told dh that he'll either have the cheap ones or none at all but that seems to put him in a bad mood when I say that!!

    Star charts don't work here either. Or rewards. Some sucker Daddy bought Jack a £60 train when he had dry nights for a fortnight. This was two years ago. We've had about 14 dry nights in total in the intervening years.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooooh - Thanks for tagging me Amanda!!

    I'll have a good think tomorrow - just off to bed now - this is a very early night for me..... in bed before 11 is unheard of!

    ReplyDelete