Monday 14 September 2009

9

Polkadot bubble skirt


I've been meaning to try out some new skirt designs for a long time. Other things have come up, and I've never had the time or headspace. But a customer is keen for a skirt for her daughter so I had the perfect opportunity last night to play around with a new design.


This skirt is dropwaisted with a gathered lower tier so it's nice and full.


I lined it with plain orange cotton so that the bottom edge is bubbled instead of hemmed.


I really like bubble hems, so I'm thinking about extending the pattern into a dropwaisted winter dress. What do you think, is it a Go? Maia was quite taken with it, so I already have one vote for 'Yes'...

9 comments:

  1. Love it! Definitely another yes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, but I hate bubble skirts, so it's a no from me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE it!! So cute, and would also make an adorable dress.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it's very sweet! Would love to see how you incorporate it into a dress.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i'd love to see it as a dress :) very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't know if I like bubble skirts on women but it looks cool on Maia!!
    I love the orange too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the skirt! not sure how it would work on a dress - i really like the free, flouncy hem of the shirt over the shaped waist of the bubble.

    ReplyDelete