Sunday 6 September 2009

14

Gazing, smiling, but no kissing. Promise.


Three years ago today, we were in Italy getting hitched.


The ceremony was held in a medieval ex-monestary in Bagno a Ripoli, a hillside town just outside Florence.


This is the monastery from the outside. See that street sign? Authentic medieval.


Oh, how we laughed when Steven couldn't get the ring over my heat-swollen knuckle! It was 38deg C (100 deg F).


After Steven promised to 'love, honour and obey', I made him put it in writing.


We had rice thrown at us.


We made toasts.


Jamie was really happy his parents weren't going to be living in sin anymore.


And promptly set about sabotaging pictures (you might need to click on the photo to see what I mean)


We did get a couple of nice shots though, and we were glad he was there.


As it turns out, Maia was there too. Right behind my hand.


After the ceremony we went to Piazzale Michaelangelo for some pictures overlooking the city. You can see the Duomo, Santa Croce and the Ponte Vecchio just behind us. I love Florence *sigh*.


Our photographer was awesome. He made us walk up and down a lot of stairs.


And pose in front of sunflowers. And do lots and lots of kissing, but I'll spare you the gory details.


And then to dinner at a gorgeous rural terraza. This was one of the last documented meals Jamie ever ate.


And this was the view from the terrace. *sigh again*


So do I have any regrets? Well, other than not being able to be in black and white because I'm prettier that way? Nope, I adore him. He puts up with a lot from me. I have it on good authority that I'm grumpy a lot of the time. And maybe less than patient. And kinda bossy. And certainly messy. And quite a bit of a dork. In comparison (and excluding his total freakin' obsession with football and clothes), he's a bit of a saint.

So thank you, Steven, for giving me my gorgeous children. And letting me blog about inappropriate crushes. And for letting me photoshop you into the devil.

14 comments:

  1. Awwww it all looks so lovely and happy.

    I'm off to a wedding in a few hours - have been really stroppy about the amount of stress it is causing, but I'm in a weddingy mood now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww that looks lovely. Happy anniversary to both of you.
    Now I want to go to Italy even more *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Anniversary! Do drop me an email when you are ready for your Florence print! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy anniversary you two! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy anniversary. Gorgeous photos. you both look extremely happy.
    heres to many more years together.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Anniversary! Looks like a lovely wedding. We're still planning ours 5 years and 2 kids after getting engaged. Havent got the energy now!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful post and beautiful pics - made me weep! Congratulations on your wedding anniversary. You look wonderful in your bridal splendour - and the venue is amazing!

    Here's to many more years of wedded bliss!

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow, your pics are lovely. it looks like a cracking day. i love italy, you guys were so lucky to get married in such a lovely place. thanks for sharing these great pics. looks like you had a fab day. happy anniversary

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy anniversary, looks like you had a fantastic wedding.

    ReplyDelete
  10. not sure if you'll see my reply from my blog so i'll post it here too... i'm not spamming you i promise!

    it was just pumpkin, a tad of salt and pepper, veg stock and onions. No idea what measurement, i went freestyle. Made another one with some potatos and pumpkin in but the pumpkin one tastes best. I've just cut back my rosemary bush from my window box so maybe i'll go get some more pumpkin and try it with some rosemary. I also need some ideas what to do with beetroot if you have any...beetroot soup...does that exist?..come next sunday it might.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The pictures are GORGEOUS Amanda. I love the dress - I'd have a shorter one like that when (if??) we ever renew our vows.

    I was reading your blog to my hubby just yesterday, something which seems to be becoming a regular occurance. Picture the scene... I sit crying laughing unable to get the words out while he has to read over my shoulder (yes that really did happen with the "upside down tent at the summer fair" post!!)

    Anyway.... he reckons - in a blokey brotherhood kinda way - that your Steven deserves a medal, or at the very least a blog of his own. Lee reckons that Steven needs to be able to air his "OMG, my wife just bought a new sewing machine AND a new overlocker!!" experiences on a blog of his own, for all the men folk of us girls to read.

    Jamie looks SO cute BTW :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I had a lovely romantic comment all ready - and then I read Rach's. It was an ACCIDENT, Rach, an ACCIDENT. Goodness, how many times does poor kitschycoo have to trip over and make accidental purchases for folks to understand that? ;-)

    You know, Steven in his kilt would look great as a meerkat.

    And I suppose it *would* be inappropriate for you to show us the photo when you reached the top of those steps and the wind blew and suddenly we saw if it was all true about kilts?

    ReplyDelete
  13. What fantastic wedding photos! I liked the photo of you both walking up the stairs best. But I'm a good girl - I'd look away if it was a windy day (not!)

    Happy Anniversary! x

    ReplyDelete